Sunday, September 26, 2010

Anatomically Correct

This summer, I took the kids to the zoo. The walrus was definitely the highlight of the trip. This walrus is some kind of big. And he is a major lover. Down in the observation area, he would swim right up to the glass and love all over the kids. He was showing off and floating cheek to cheek with the kids through the glass.



And then? I noticed just how much of a lover he actually was.


Holy huge walrus penis!

As I was trying desperately to ignore it, despite the giggles from the other adults around, I heard my daughter (loudly) exclaim,

"Woah! Look at that big giant peepee!"

My son followed with an even louder,

"WOW! His peepee is even bigger than daddy's...and daddy's got a pretty big peepee!"

Everyone within a 10 foot radius heard their rather enlightening conversation and burst into laughter.

Even later, when we stopped for an early dinner, the kids could not quit talking about the giant peepee.

Fast forward a few months...

Last week, Cole and I were working on a drawing for part of his homework. We were supposed to be drawing a whale. The Little Miss decided to draw a whale of her own. After seeing it, I said, "Baby! That's so good! It looks just like a walrus!"

Her eyes lit up.

A light bulb went on above her head.

She grabbed the crayon in her grubby, little hand and ran off into the other room. A few seconds later, she came screaming back in, "Ta da! His big giant peepee!"


I am dreading W week in preschool.

Pin It!

21 comments:

Unknown said...

LMAO! Hilarious post!

I have passed the 'One Lovely Blog Award' to you! To accept it just visit here...http://blissfulbeeblog.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Crack me up !!! I always tried to distract our girls when getting close to the monkey display. Those monkeys were always doing something difficult to explain.

Tractor Mom said...

Way too funny! I can't stop laughing!! Don't you just LOVE what comes out of the mouths of babes!!

Come by when you figure out how to explain this one at the parent conference...

Unknown said...

OMG I'm crying!

Finding Normal said...

Hysterical! Those farm kids don't miss much, do they? And I so did not need to know about Daddy's peepee size!
You should just never mention the world "walrus" around either child again. Good luck with that.

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

Omg!!!! Friggin hilarious!!!!

We had a run in with a giant giraffe penis at a zoo a couple years back... that dude was trying to mount BIG time and he was HUGE! My husband was like dumbfounded!!

Oh geez, this made my day!

Shelley said...

Hahahahahahaha!!!!
I so needed a laugh this evening. Thank you so much for sharing this story with me. I'm still laughing so hard I'm about to pee....

Shannon said...

OK, but what does it say about me that I noticed the walrus is... ahem... touching himself...

Anonymous said...

After reading Shannon's comment I had to go back and have another look lol.

scargosun said...

OMG. I don't know what was funnier, the comparison to your DH or the drawing. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

OHMYGOSH!!!! This is so freaking funny. I passed it on to my sister.

Anonymous said...

OHMYGOSH!!!! This is so freaking funny. I passed it on to my sister.

Anonymous said...

Ok, you've totally got to warn a person not to be drinking anything when scrolling down to that picture!!!! LOL!!!

Becky said...

That was awesome! Why did you wait so long to share with us??????

vanilla said...

Like, totally.

vanilla said...

Comment partially disappeared. It said, "Cracking up. Like, totally."

(because I am an idiot and used tag symbols instead of normal everyday parentheses.)

missy said...

Oh my gosh...that is so funny!! I have to agree with Shannon....I too noticed he was quite a "lover" as you said!!! :) The pictures are awesome of him tho!! :)

Mariah said...

OMG!! That is too funny!

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Hilarious!!!!!

SHANNON said...

aka walrus wanking!

Anonymous said...

I'm going through my old posts and found this one I had linked up too back then. OMG still hilarious!!