1. See the Pin It button at the bottom of this post? Best.thing.ever. If you see something from this blog that you want to pin, just click that button. It will bring up pictures from recent posts. Choose the one you want to pin and it automatically brings up a pop-up window. From there you choose which board to pin it to and give it a caption. So easy. I think every website and blog out there should have this button! If you want an easy tutorial on how to add it to your blog, just click here.
2. Remember that iPod touch the Little Miss got for Christmas? Well, she had it for a total of 13 days. On the 13th day, she brought her little sparkly purse full of change in to the grocery store. And without my knowing, her iPod was in the purse as well. The purse must have fallen into the side of the front of the cart, because when we got home, we realized we hadn't brought it with us. We went right back to the grocery store and it was already gone. Who doesn't turn in a sparkly little girl's purse? Bastards, that's who.
3. We haven't had any freaking snow yet this winter. I live in a state that typically gets at least 20 inches of snow a year. This year? Nothing. I haven't had one single delay or snow day. At least one or two snow days would be nice. That's one of the unique things about being a teacher, you never know what your day may look like in the winter. It's always exciting to wake up and wonder if you'll have a delay or better yet...get an unexpected day off. But this year, it's been the same old dreary 40 degree days. Blah.
4. I turned 35 this month. 35 feels much like 34. But I do distinctly remember being in my early 20s and thinking just how old 35 sounded. Turns out I was wrong. 35 is very young.
5. The Little Miss and I went to our first Disney on Ice show last weekend! It was amazing! I think I may have loved it even more than she did! It was the Dare to Dream show with stories from The Princess and the Frog, Cinderella, and Tangled. At the end of the show, they brought out ALL of the princesses! It was beautiful and wonderful. The Tangled show had a lot of trapeze/flying through the air stunts. Very, very cool.
6. While at the Disney on Ice show, we bought a bottled water. (Among many other things.) The guy at the counter said he had to take the lid from me. Apparently, ever since the ugly Ron Artest incident in which drunken idiots were throwing cups and bottles onto the court, they don't allow them anymore. I'm pretty sure a plastic lid the size of a nickel was not the problem. Nor do I think the Disney on Ice crowd would be throwing lids onto the ice at Mickey Mouse! But hey, who am I to argue with the concession stand worker?
7. We are well past the 100th day of school and to that I say, HALLELUJAH. This has been such a challenging year. I am so ready for a break!
8. For those of you considering buying a Kindle Fire, I say DO IT. I love mine oh so much. But, I have to admit, I rarely use it to read. It is very heavy and I do the bulk of my reading in the evenings in bed. I have kept my old Kindle for reading. Oh, and I just got a case for the old Kindle (it won't fit the new Fire) but it was only $1.21. It had been $33.99! Even with shipping, it was less than $7.00. Here's the link!
9. And finally, a request. My sister had a local photographer take baby pics when baby #2 was born. This picture is one of the finalists in a portrait photo contest the photographer is sponsoring.
If you have 2 seconds to spare, please go to the photographer's blog and vote for picture #3 of my sweet baby nieces. Spanks.
That's it for this FINALLY SUNNY Saturday morning! Have a great weekend!