Sunday, August 5, 2012

Back at It


Let's count how many blog posts I wrote over summer break, shall we?

That's right.  Zero.

And guess what?  I go back to school tomorrow.

Le sigh.

We had a fantastic, albeit, short summer. 

We went to Chicago,


had lots of play dates with my sister and her two babes,


went to Holiday World,


visited the Indianapolis Zoo,

went to our first baseball game,


 and spent lots of time in the pool trying to beat the heat!


And while I am not looking forward to getting up at 5 AM, grading papers, packing lunches, managing evening homework, or wearing a bra every day....I am kinda-sorta looking forward to going back. 

I am looking forward to getting back into a routine with a schedule.  I am excited about a quiet drive by myself to and from school.  And...well, that's all I can think of right now.  Heh.

The kids started school last week.  Here are the 3rd and 1st graders, respectively.  I know she's taller than him.  He knows it too.  But we don't talk about it. ;)


That's what's going on around here.  Are your kids back to school yet?  Do you wish they were?  Do you want to go back to school for me?  Please?


Pin It!

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Hey, we are not back in school yet. We start back on the 20th. I have been looking forward to going back to work. I need that schedule. My kiddos are ready to go back too. Looking forward to fall weather and leaves changing colors and not being 1000 degrees every day.
Good luck with your new school year.

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

WOW! You start early down there. Kids dont back until Sept 4 here........

Farmchick said...

Just out visiting...have not been out for a very long time! Stop on over and say hi. :)

StephaniePumphrey said...

The term column applies especially to a large round support with a capital and base and made of stone, or appearing to be so.

Columns