2. American Idol is on. The show isn't going very well tonight. Even the camera angles, interviews...all very awkward. But, my fave of the night? Anoope Dog. I mostly like saying his name. But I do NOT enjoy his eyebrows. And who does Kara look like? She looks like someone and it has been driving.me.crazy. Please advise.
3. Ulysses S. Grant is just that. S. Many of you thought Simpson, which is a common belief. His mother's maiden name was Simpson, but the S doesn't actually stand for anything...just like Harry S. Truman.
4. My head has hurt all.day.long. Tylenol, ibuprofen, water, extra caffeine, chocolate, contacts out/glasses on. Nothing has helped. The only thing left to blame is the weather. Well, and the kids.
5. Cole had his first fire drill today. Hil.ar.i.ous. Do you know what he expected? A drill. A tool. Made for putting out fires. That he got to handle. Imagine his disappointment when he had to stand outside in a single file line. With no drill.
6. We watched Amazing Race for the first time last night. So exciting. I don't know how we didn't jump onto this show before, but I am glad we did. Loving the deaf guy with his mom. SO glad the bitchy couple is gone. I think the little stunt guys will do a good job. And the cheese wheels? Now that is entertainment.
7. I am SO in need of a hair cut. And color. I don't know how many more days I can take without hacking on it myself. I would post a pic but I hate to run you all off.
8. Today, Wednesday, my head has hurt even more than yesterday. So much so that I had to call my principal in at 2 to take over my class while I went crying to the nurse's office. I've never been diagnosed as having migraines, but if that wasn't a migraine...I would hate to experience one. I am feeling somewhat better now but can't get rid of the ache and pain from the base of my neck to my eyes. Time to see the chiropractor and/or eye doctor.
9. Today was Parents' Day at preschool. I hadn't told Cole anything about it in case we couldn't be there. I couldn't get off, so the husband was going to try. It ended up that he was the only one at the shop and couldn't leave. The first thing Cole told me when I picked him up, "Today was mudder's day at school and I was the only kid with no mudder there. I was sad all day long."
Insert knife. Twist. Repeat.
10. I think it's going to be early bedtimes all around. Thankfully I planned for yet another headache and have a take and bake pizza ready to pop in the oven. Here's to a better day tomorrow!
And now your moment of zen...