I am enjoying my 3rd snow day of the winter, and therefore finally have some time to update this little spot of the Internet!
* My husband was out of town last week. Not surprisingly, the bathroom sink clogged and the phone jack (which connects the computer to the Internet) broke. Therefore, I had little to no Internet access last week. Thankfully he fixed everything right up when he got home!
* We took the Little Miss to preschool open house this week. She absolutely loved it and is SO ready for it. On one hand, it seems hard to believe that she is old enough for preschool. She's my baby! But on the other hand, she is so very smart and so far above where Cole was at this age...that it seems she should have already been in school! She joined the class right away and participated in everything...even picked her nose at circle time. She fit right in!
* The kids are taking swimming lessons twice a week. They love it. It's good for them. But, do you know what a pain it is to get two soaking wet, freezing little bodies dry, warm, and dressed before heading out into 20 degree weather? It takes longer to get them out of the pool and into the car than their actual lesson!
* The Little Miss had a rough week. She has had a bad cough and sore throat. Tuesday night she was up for hours coughing, crying, and having bad dreams in which a crab was pinching her finger and Grandpa's nose. Luckily we had "no more dreams" medicine (read: Benadryl) and she finally settled down to sleep.
* Last night while watching the Weather Channel, Cole heard them talking about the 6.0 earthquake that rocked northern California. He slapped his forehead, groaned, and exclaimed, "Oh, no! Now we're going to have to give money to California!" He's quite the little humanitarian...but he has his limits, apparently.
* The Archbishop has canceled Catholic schools (including Cole's school) for Monday following the Super Bowl. (Go Colts!) They are making the day up...on Good Friday. Ironic, no?
* I am super excited about Amazing Race starting up again next week! Other than that, I am watching American Idol, Ax Men, Man V. Food, and Chopped.
* Not that I am counting or anything, but we have 25 days until Spring Break. I don't mind the cold and snow...I kind of like that, actually. But the kids? And the hormones? And the rolling of the eyes, arguing, talking out, and general drama? I need a break.
That's pretty much what's going on with me. How about you? Whatcha doin? Whatcha watchin? Are you ready for spring?