Sunday, May 15, 2011

Countdown

The countdown is on.


I have twelve days of school left.

One dozen days.

By the end of this week, I'll be in single digits.

Human growth unit? Done.

End of year field trip? Check.

Big state testing? Over.

Middle school tour? Complete.

Interest in teaching these kids? Gone.

I will attempt to plan and execute a normal week this week.

With grades due next Tuesday, it's going to be hard to continue to fake it next week.

The following Tuesday and Wednesday? Expensive baby-sitting is what that is.

But then, it's over. My 12th year of teaching will come to a close.

Not a moment too soon.


Pin It!

4 comments:

Carla said...

12 days to complete 12 years? Too cool. As a kid, I knew WE counted down the days, didn't know the teachers did too!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, now you can get back to important work, like daily blog postings.

Finding Normal said...

I agree with your mama...I can't wait for summer so you'll post more! And maybe we can get a phone call in now and then. We are done a bit sooner than you, so it's nice to know that after today there is only 1 Monday left. Actually probably same for you since Memorial Day is in there! Have I told you to take a day off lately???

Mrs4444 said...

HOORAY!!!