Monday, October 13, 2008

The Secret

Once upon a time there was a blogger. A relatively new, naive, innocent, countrified blogger named John Deere Mom. She had a few fans...devoted readers if you will. Readers like Deb, Teachergirl, Cupcake, Kat, Heather, Christy, the list goes on and on. Actually, it doesn't. It pretty much stops there.

BUT, that all changed on June 5, 2008 when I was the featured blogger (the second one ever, mind you) on a fantastically pink leopard print blog called The Secret is in the Sauce. An interesting tid-bit? I THINK I am the only blogger to also have a picture featured. Yes, it was the Russian Peasant in all her glory. Tiffany can't get enough of the Russian Peasant. And really, who can?!

SITS, to those of you IN on the secret, is a wonderful community of women (well, mostly women) bloggers interested only in recognizing awesome blogs and encouraging comment lovin'. And they have featured some awesome blogs. I have added more SITS featured blogs to my reader in the past few months than I have time for! But, I make time for them because that's what SITS is all about.

If you haven't yet checked out SITS, what are you waiting for? You will find new, wonderful blogs to read and when you are the featured blogger, your Sitemeter account won't even be able to keep UP with the demand. You will have more readers than you ever imagined. Here are just a few of the blogs I have found and continue to visit on a weekly basis:

Caroline
The Blarney Spot
Maternal Mirth
One Crazy Chick

On Tuesday, SITS is hosting an all-day Blogathon with crazy give-aways and surprises planned all.day.long. This is one day when I kinda sorta wished I was a stay at home mom. Ha. That will pass soon enough. Like when the kids wake up and start arguing. I won't be THAT sad to have to work. But for those of you who can take part in the SITS mania tomorrow...HAVE FUN!!

Pin It!

43 comments:

Meaghan said...

Great blog! Found you through SITS :)

-Meaghan

Lindsay said...

I wish I had more time to devote to SITS, because they do have some great blogs featured. I'm barely able to keep up with the ones that I do read, let alone my own! I need another two hours in the day just for blogging :)

Lula! said...

I love SITS. And John Deere Mom.

Unknown said...

I'm with Lulu ... I also love SIT and JDM !!! :-)

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I found you on SITS! =)
I love all the love-spreadin' that goes on there. SITS is awesome!

Tiffany said...

SITS Rocks! I love SITS. But I actually first heard of you from Kat's blog. I think I read one of your comment posts. Anyhoo, I'm originally from the great midwest as well. Born and raised in Hoosier land. Now living in Georgia. Thought I would say Hey!

Mamarazzi said...

CUTE blog!!

i recognize a few of your "peeps"...so i am thinking i need to follow too!!

popped over from SITS, glad i did!

Anonymous said...

Great post, Girlie!!

Found you through SITS...uh awhile ago;)

Finding Normal said...

Did not find you from SITS. Found you right next door, being all happy with that awesome class of yours while I got yet another email this morning from a different mom, talking about weird behavior. sigh.
Anyway, I do love the SITS. I need to do better. I usually click on it once a week just to get the bold to go away because I have no time!

April said...

good luck SITSTA!!!

Jen said...

It is an awesome day!! So much sits love going around.

@TiffanyRom said...

Okay, the Russian Peasant may very well keep her title as the only photograph posted with a feature.

You have been with us since the get-go girl, and we love you for it.

Thanks for supporting us. And, for that awesome stuffed mushroom recipe. And for having what might possibly be two of the cutest kids on earth.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I love that Russian peasant picture too. You need to get that one blown up and framed and on the wall. I am usually missing one or two of those steps with my good pictures :-)

And I love that I knew you when. Pre-Sits :-)

Kori said...

Happy Blogathon-ing from one SITSta to another.

Michelle said...

We SAHM's will sherk our duties and have fun for you.

Happy SITs blogathon day!

Natalia said...

Happy Blog-a-thon! :)

Rachel Ann said...

What a fun blog. I went back and looked at your featured blog posts...great picture stories! And you are a hilarious writer...have a great day!

Jen said...

cool blog! I am a country girl too so I will have to save your blog for future reading :) hah!

Love some SITS!

TisforTonya said...

happy blogathon! This day will go down in the record books... and not just because I ignored my husband desperately on our anniversary... can I help it if two important days coincide?

Ronnica said...

I wasn't a SITSta way back when, but that's cool that you were featured so early on. You have a cute blog!

Heather said...

Yes, who can ever get enough of the Russian Peasant. She's so squeezable.

Unknown said...

Yet another to add to my must read list- I just love SITS and all the great blogs I've found thanks to them. :)

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

I'm new to SITS and how I wish I came upon them when you did! I feel like I have so much to catch up on. Holy cow there are a lot of fun blogs out there! And you, my dear, are one of them! Love it!

Rhea said...

I also love the Russian Peasant photo. And your blog. Great SITS post!

Natalie said...

so excited about all of the comment love!!! nice to meet you!

Tara said...

popped over from SITS, happy blogathon day!! I can see why so many SITStas named you as one of their faves, you're a funny chick! Can't wait to come back!

Marrdy said...

Happy SITS Day! I do believe you have to be the most popular blogger ever!!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

You are like the 100th blog I read that is talking about freakin' SITS and so I had to go over and check it out and jump on the band wagon! lol!

Annikke said...

What a great blog! I can't wait to check these girls out!

Being Honest said...

What a fun day! I'm happy to be sharing it with a fellow SITSta!

Melodie said...

Happy Blogathon, SITSta!

Mom said...

Happy SITSathon!

Kelsey said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is comparing the feeling of seeing all these comment emails to presents at Christmas!!

your blog is very cute, I love the blue and brown!

Ashley. Unscripted... said...

You know I love your blog, girl!

Happy B-A-T day!

Buttons and Dots Photography said...

Happy blogathon! Found you at sits!

Stephanie said...

Happy SITS!

Megan said...

Happy SITS Blog-A-Thon Day!!

Love your Blog!

Mommyhood is Thankless said...

Happy SITS day!

Becky D said...

Hope you had a Happy Blogathon Day!

Shannon said...

Today was CUH-RAZY!!! But in an awesome fun way!

SITS ROCKS! WOO HOO!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey Hey!
Happy blogging! :)

Connie said...

Thanks for the shout out SITSta! Life has been a bit crazy here lately but glad I was able to stop by and see what's new with you.
Have a great rest of the week!

Anonymous said...

Hope that you had a lovely SITSA day!! Please forgive the fact that I am only now just getting around :P