I will give you a minute to quit laughing and/or google the movie to find the release date.
Yeah. July 2002. Pathetic, I know.
Then there was Cole's first movie this summer. I took him to see Kung Fu Panda. We left about halfway through the movie when he became bored.
But, I do love watching movies...especially holiday movies. Here is the list of my Top 5 Favorite Holiday Movies. (See how I capitalized that to make it seem very important and official?)
5. Scrooged. This is a rude, inappropriate, sarcastic take on the original Scrooge. It's a must see, especially if you are a fan of Bill Murray, as I am.
4. Jingle All The Way. I am slightly embarrassed to admit that this is one of my favorite holiday movies. For some reason I can't watch it enough. Arnold? Not the best actor. I think the reason is probably Sinbad. I do love some Sinbad. He is hilarious in this movie about trying to get the "it" toy gift of the season.
3. A Christmas Story. This has become a tradition around here on Christmas Eve. TBS starts playing it Christmas Eve night and goes 24 hours straight. If you've never seen it..really, where have you been?
2. Home for the Holidays. This was a tough decision between movie 1 and 2. Holly Hunter is just about the best thing ever. And Robert Downey, Jr? Fan.tastic. They are super funny in this dysfunctional family movie. The gay brother, anal sister, sex-having daughter...it's got it all. If you haven't seen it, get it this weekend. Really...you won't be sorry.
1. Christmas Vacation. Not a year goes by that we don't watch this movie. It is the funniest Christmas movie. We quote it constantly. Some of my favorite quotes from the movie:
"Burn some dust here. Eat my rubber."
"Do you sleep with your brother? Do you know how sick and twisted that is?...Well, I'm sleeping with your father. Don't be so dramatic."
"Merry Christmas, kiss my ass. Kiss his ass. Kiss your ass. Happy Hanukkah."
If you have somehow missed any of these movies, check them out this weekend. You won't be sorry. What about you? Did I leave off your favorite holiday movie? Is there something I need to rent this weekend?