Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Apparently the joke's on me

My alarm clock was the first thing to play an April Fool's Joke on me. I am usually walking out the door at 6:30 a.m. Today? I got UP at 6:30 a.m. Oh for the love of pete do I hate waking up late! It throws the whole day off. Needless to say I raced around here like a mad woman. We left the house at 7:00. I know...I have NO idea how I managed to get ready so quickly.

The next joke? My students put my coffee in the refrigerator while one of them was distracting me. So sneaky, these kids.

Then my principal told me I was fired. Apparently several of my students caught him first thing this morning begging him to play along with their plan. Ha.

Luckily I had a half-day meeting so I was able to avoid further harrassment from the kids. Little did I know I would have more to deal with.

Last Saturday, Jose went out to potty and never came back. I expected him to come home but as the hours, then days went by...I began to realize he probably wasn't going to. I have to admit, I missed the little guy. He would always curl up next to me on the couch and sleep under the covers at my feet each night. Except for a few potty accidents, he's such a sweet dog.

I decided to check the animal shelter today after my meeting as a last resort.

$88 later, I had my little puppy back!

That's right...I had to bail him out of puppy prison. Apparently someone picked him up and dropped him off at the shelter on Sunday. One pickup charge, four overnight visits, a rabies shot later and he was back at home, where he belongs. He is SO happy to be at home, curled up against my leg.

Note to self: Get.him.neutered.

How about you? Any good April Fool's jokes? Can you believe this post has no pictures?

Pin It!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

My 4 and 6yo told people all day "You have a pickle in your ear!" and "Your butt's on backwards!"

Emily said...

So glad you got the pooch back!

Unknown said...

Silly puppy!!!!

Mr. B and I are looking at this house and he told me today someone else put a bid on it. ha ha.. april fools.

He better watch his back next year.

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

Guess this is my first 'no-fooling' April 1st! You had me going a minute there -- thought Jose was a student who went potty....ok, ok. I caught up, but for a minute, I zoned out!

Becky said...

I think $88 is a deal! Our shelter would probably have reamed us out for a ton more! I'm so glad he is safe at home though! Yay!

Rene said...

Well...no jokes on me today. I'm glad everyone refrained -- not sure my nerves could take it. I'm doing really good but I'm afraid it would only take one little thing to change that balance.

I'm so glad Jose is home!! I would just curl up and cry if either of my babies disappeared.

Hugs,

Rene

Christy said...

no jokes, thank goodness, you never know with teenagers.

I also thought Jose was a kid at first...but I caught up.=)

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I'm glad you found your pup and hope he says adios to his cojones pronto!
I had one April Fool's post from another fav blogger, that's it. My day was so boring next to yours...

Just say Julie said...

I have to say that teaching and April Fool's Day have to be the worst combination ever. I was super paranoid and wouldn't let mine get out of their desks for anything.

I did hide a set of walki talkies in my team leaders room and quote top gun into a third walkie during conference time. That was good for a laugh. Otherwise, pretty quiet. But man am I exhausted.

Michelle said...

I LOVE your blog, it makes me smile. Sounds like you had a very interesting AFD.

Those kids and their crazy shenanigans. lol

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

You always could have had my dog! Although he isnt neutered either!

Unknown said...

LOL...this is why I hid out in my house all day with the phone unplugged and the pc turned off...Aprils day ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my you had a lot of jokes played on you. No, none for me. I think my mood has been so foul lately they were probably afraid.

Wow....you got really lucky with little Jose. I'm SOOOO glad you found him. I bet he sure is glad to be home.... ;)

Unknown said...

Awww...glad that Jose is back at your feet...not glad about the charge though :-(

April Fool's jokes...well ... the hubby was lucky he survived the 1st.

He shook me awake at 6:15 am and told me I needed to get up for school ..

WE ARE ON SPRING BREAK AND HAVE BEEN FOR A WEEK AND A HALF !!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....

Anonymous said...

We had snow in the pacific northwest on April Fool's Day!