Thirteen things I won't miss during summer break:
3. Grading papers
4. Curriculum mapping
5. Hearing, "He cut in line."
6. Dealing with, "She said she wouldn't be my friend anymore because I told her I wanted to be Susie's friend but she doesn't like Susie so now she is ignoring me and telling everybody blah blah blah."
7. Teaching from a stupid math program
8. Sending missing work papers home with the same kid all year with no results
10. Meetings (Seriously, there are so many it definitely counts for at least 2 things.)
11. Kickball drama on the playground
12. Emails from parents
13. 30 minute drive to school
There are probably more, but these are the top things that came to mind. I am definitely ready for summer. It seems this week and the upcoming final two weeks have been/are turning out to be so busy and stressful. I will be glad to stand on the sidewalk and wave those buses on for good on May 23. Well, for good at least until August 14.