Below are seven random things about me, in no particular order.
1. I divide numbers on clocks, license plates, just about anything really. For instance, it is 9:43 right now, so I would divide to get 4 7/9. I like to call it quirky, others call it OCD.
2. I love planners. LOVE THEM. Well, all office supplies really. Nothing makes me happier than a new pen, new crayons (the smell, OMG) and a blank planner ready to be filled in. I buy multiple planners throughout the year. Nothing makes me happier than transferring all of my old info into my new one. Crazy? I think so!
3. I teach 5th grade. Have been teaching since the fall of '99. Have always taught 5th, with a short stint in 4th grade my second year of teaching.
4. During my first year of teaching, I was newly engaged, newly graduated, and still living with my parents. At the time it wasn't a big deal, but when I look back on it, how weird that I was living with my parents and was a teacher?! I mean, students' parents would call me at my mom and dad's house!
5. I find my husband most attractive in his farm work wear...overalls, boots, coat, sunglasses, hat...yum!
6. My son was due on the 19th and born on the 22nd. My daughter was due on the 22nd and born on the 19th. Is it any wonder my husband never gets their birthdates right?
7. I got a speeding ticket on the first day of school this year. I was going on my merry way, TURNING INTO SCHOOL and there was a motorcycle cop in our parking lot pulling people over. I waved and turned in, at which point he told me to pull over and gave me a $135 ticket. Let's just say I have had better starts to the school year.
That's seven...and pretty random...so my job is done here!