Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow Day #2

Well, we are off today! Mother Nature pulled through and dumped a couple inches of snow and ice on us. Now, as much as I love a snow day, this needs to be the last one. Our district builds 2 days into our calendar. We have used them both now, so anymore snow days will be tacked on at the end of the year. THAT my friends would royally tick this teacher off. As it stands, our last student day is Friday, May 23. I can live with that. It sucks a big one that we the teachers have to go back the Tuesday after Memorial Day. Who makes this calendar? I have no idea. Clearly, no one asked me for my opinion.
Anyway, so I am sitting on my arse drinking my 4th cup of coffee. That's right. 4. Little Miss and Tractor boy are watching Dora and Animal Planet, respectively. The amount of clutter and toys and CRAP sitting around every single room of this house is enough to make me hyperventilate. BUT, what am I doing...pretty much anything but what I should be. The laundry is piled up so high I'm not sure I can find the washer. So after this post, I promise I will get my butt in gear and start picking up. I love a picked up house. Is my house ever truly clean? Um, no. Well, when people come over, but that's so rare. But, picked up? I try to zoom around the house every hour or so and pick up after these 2 kids of mine. It just makes me feel better when things are picked up. They are horrible about getting a bunch of stuff out, playing with it for 2 seconds then moving on. Should I make them do it? Of course! But that takes SOOOOO long. I do make them pick up at the end of the day. They have to pick up their clothes and put them in the laundry. But the massive toy pick-up during the day usually becomes my job just so I can keep my sanity.
I have only lost 3 more pounds recently. I haven't been walking as much. I was sick for a few days, then meetings and weather interfered. I resolve to get back to at least 3 days a week next week. I wish I could do more when I was home, but it's tough to make the time. I used to have a treadmill, but let my aunt borrow it. I wish I had it back. I think I would really use it. Might have to check into that.
We are having a surprise birthday party for my 2 great aunts on Sunday. One is turning 88 (a nun) and the other is turning 90. Doesn't that just sound like a good time?! :) I am sure it will be nice and there will apparently be a lot of family there. I won't know any of them, but that's okay. My sister and her fiance are flying out of Chicage this weekend to go to Utah. He has a seminar and she has a date with the hotel hot tub. So they will be missing out on the birthday festivities. She sucks. My mom and aunt have been baking turkeys and dressing and are taking care of the cake. The rest of us are to bring a side dish or two. Then there's the question of what to get 90 year old women? I am thinking a sweater. Old women are always cold, aren't they?!
Anyway, I guess I have rambled on about as much as I can in hopes of delaying the inevitable. The house. Let me show you what I am dealing with.


A mess of blankets and pillows.

Yeah. That's cereal. Where's the bowl? Hard to say.

If you look closely you can see Pop-Tart and my husband's towel. Why is it men can't put things in the hamper? I will never figure that out.

Can you see why I am putting it off? Yuck.

I have to admit, I took a picture of the laundry area but couldn't bring myself to post it. It's that bad. Which means it's probably time to get off of the computer!!!


Pin It!

4 comments:

Finding Normal said...

I'm doing a whole lot of nothin today too. Just got Noah down for a nap, but now Addi's up. I want to sneak in 10 minutes of sleep myself, but I doubt that'll happen.
I agree-we need to get back on the walking! I haven't lost any more either, not that my 5 was much to write home about since I'm basically at my pre-Christmas weight, but maybe if we start walking again!

Christy said...

I am glad I am not the only one! I feel like I am raising a couple of slobs. Is it possible they will grow out of it??

John Deere Mom said...

I sure hope they do, or at the very least make it a little easier to have THEM pick it up. I did make tremendous progress yesterday so things are looking a little better. At least until the kids get tired of watching cartoons and start ransacking the place again!

cupcake said...

You know what, three pounds is three pounds! I had the flu and GAINED weight. Now, how in the world does that happen?

As far as raising slobs is concerned, I defy you to come into my home and not feel better about yourself. That's what I'm here for.