Monday, January 28, 2008
I would just have to cry. I mean, of course I would eventually be happy, but we are just finished with diapers. Everyone is sleeping through the night. No one is sucking on me 24 hours a day. We are at a good place.
2. When was the last time you flew in a plane?
Let's see...that would be when we went to Paris in 2001.
3. What did the last text message you sent say?
"We are eating salad and finally relaxing. See you later." It seemed important at the time.
4. What features do you find most attractive in the opposite sex?
Some knowledge of a laundry hamper would be good.
5. What is a goal you would like to accomplish in the near future?
Lose some weight.
6. Shoe size?
7. Been to Mexico?
Yes, in high school. We took a class trip to Mexico City, Oaxaca, and Puerto Vallarta.
8. When is the last time you had a massage?
When I was pregnant with Tractor Boy, so 5 years ago?!
9. What was the last TV show you watched?
Well, some Ultimate Factory show is on but I am not really watching it
10. What are your plans for the weekend?
11. If your significant other asked you to marry them TODAY what would you say?
Do you promise to put your socks in the hamper?
12. What is in the back seat of your car right now?
2 booster seats, sunglasses, DVDs, assorted food crumbs, floor mats
13. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
Ordinarily I would be greeting 25 grumpy 11 year olds at my classroom door but today I was running a few errands before Tractor Boy's preschool Open House
14. If you could marry any celebrity today who would it be?
Marry? No one. Meet casually in a dark hotel room? Wentworth Miller.
15. Have you ever been to a strip club?
16. What is the best ice cream flavor?
There are so many to choose from. Cherry Garcia is good. Phish Food when I am REALLY needing a chocoalte fix...Peppermint stick, Butter Pecan, the list goes on and on
17. What is the last sporting event you watched?
In person? No idea. On TV? NFL Playoffs...sniff, sniff.
18. Ever go camping?
Not so much
19. Last phone call?
20. Are you allergic to anything?
21. What is one thing you have learned about life recently?
That 11 year olds think they need cell phones and their parents are buying them
22. What do you do at work?
What don't I do?
23. What is your mom's name?
24. Ever cried for no reason?
25. Can you do the Crank Dat dance?
26. What is your favorite color to wear?
27. What is the longest plane ride you have ever been on?
9 hours (Hawaii and Paris)
28. What is the longest road trip you have ever taken?
As a grown up, just a couple hours
29. What are your turn-offs?
Bad breath, obnoxious behavior
30. What was your last alcoholic beverage?
Passion fruit mojito
31. What are you craving right now?
Passion fruit mojito
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Saturday, January 26, 2008
We are going out to dinner tonight at one of our favorite restaurants, Palomino, to celebrate my birthday and our 10 years together. My sister is baby-sitting. This is a big deal for us, because we rarely go out. So I am very excited to have a grown-up evening. The rest of today will include laundry, picking up toys, trying to get pants on Little Miss, dishes, etc.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Anyway...where was I?! Oh, lunch is Lean Cuisine. I am trying to drink 64 ounces of water a day. I don't know how many of you out there are teachers, but try drinking 64 ounces of water with no aide after 9:30 a.m. It just doesn't work. But I am trying. Supper is usually a smaller portion of whatever I happen to be fixing that night or another Lean Cuisine. I usually have a snack of another Special K bar in there somewhere too. I have been walking at work. So, hopefully we will start to see real results soon...especially after seriously looking at bridesmaid dresses. Lord help me...
Sunday, January 13, 2008
So I think I am supposed to share the love. So, here are a few blogs that make my day when I have time to actually get on here and have my day made.
Okay, the problem is, I don't know how to make links right here. Hmmmm, what's an HTML challenged girl to do?!
Okay, see the list over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
that says "My Daily Fix"? Yeah, those. They make my day. Go check them out!
Last night I was putting Little Miss to bed. I had put her to bed with her blankeys and paci. I had left the room and was getting Tractor Boy ready for bed when I hear Little Miss fussing.
I go into her room where she is holding her hand and index finger up shaking it at me (still with paci in her mouth.) I say, "Oh, do you have an ouchie?" and proceed to kiss her finger.
She takes out her paci and says, "No, something came out of my nose." Ummmm, what?! Sure enough, I look at her finger, THAT I JUST KISSED, and there was a big booger on it.
I looked at her and said, "Are you kidding me?!" She of course shook her head no and insisted I remove the foreign object from her finger.
Moral of the story: Kids are gross.
I certainly didn't think the Manning going to the Playoffs would be this guy.
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Four football fans - a Cowboys fan, an Eagles fan, a Colts fan, and a Patriots fan - are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves his team more.
The Cowboys fan insists he is the most loyal. 'This is for the Cowboys!' he yells, and jumps off the side of the mountain.
Not to be outdone, the Eagles fan shouts, 'This is for the Eagles!' and throws himself off the mountain.
The Colts fan is next to profess his love for his team. He yells, 'This is for everyone!' and pushes the Patriot fan off the mountain.
Saturday, January 5, 2008
|You Are a Plain Ole Cup of Joe|
But don't think plain - instead think, uncomplicated
You're a low maintenance kind of girl... who can hang with the guys
Down to earth, easy going, and fun! Yup, that's you: the friend everyone invites.
And your dependable too. Both for a laugh and a sympathetic ear.
"Need any help, Mom?"
Friday, January 4, 2008
1. I divide numbers on clocks, license plates, just about anything really. For instance, it is 9:43 right now, so I would divide to get 4 7/9. I like to call it quirky, others call it OCD.
2. I love planners. LOVE THEM. Well, all office supplies really. Nothing makes me happier than a new pen, new crayons (the smell, OMG) and a blank planner ready to be filled in. I buy multiple planners throughout the year. Nothing makes me happier than transferring all of my old info into my new one. Crazy? I think so!
3. I teach 5th grade. Have been teaching since the fall of '99. Have always taught 5th, with a short stint in 4th grade my second year of teaching.
4. During my first year of teaching, I was newly engaged, newly graduated, and still living with my parents. At the time it wasn't a big deal, but when I look back on it, how weird that I was living with my parents and was a teacher?! I mean, students' parents would call me at my mom and dad's house!
5. I find my husband most attractive in his farm work wear...overalls, boots, coat, sunglasses, hat...yum!
6. My son was due on the 19th and born on the 22nd. My daughter was due on the 22nd and born on the 19th. Is it any wonder my husband never gets their birthdates right?
7. I got a speeding ticket on the first day of school this year. I was going on my merry way, TURNING INTO SCHOOL and there was a motorcycle cop in our parking lot pulling people over. I waved and turned in, at which point he told me to pull over and gave me a $135 ticket. Let's just say I have had better starts to the school year.
That's seven...and pretty random...so my job is done here!
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Here are a couple of pics for the New Year!