1. The explosive poop that somehow manages to go up the back and into the legs of the sleeper
2. Sore, cracked, bleeding nipples
3. Smelling like sour milk
5. Getting up for feedings every 2-3 hours
6. That feeling when you FINALLY get the baby rocked to sleep, only to put her in the crib to have her instantly wake up, screaming
7. Always staying home to keep the baby away from germs
8. On the rare times you did leave the house; having to nurse in the bathroom, car, or dressing room
9. Those nights when you don't know what else to do, so you load the screaming kid into the car to drive around aimlessly with unwashed hair and no bra
10. Scraping dried biter biscuits and other assorted first foods off every surface of the kitchen
12. Seeing the baby gnawing frantically on her fist when you JUST nursed her-my nipples hurt just thinking about all of those marathon nursing sessions we had
13. Pumping-OMG that was the worst for me. I hated it. It was so unnatural and I never had much success with it. Combine that with the fact that 2 different people walked in on me at work while I was pumping...yeah, it didn't last long. After my principal walked in on me, I thought my milk would NEVER let down again.
It's a good thing they're cute because even though it seems like a never ending cycle of crying, poop, and more crying...it does get better and it IS worth it.
If you want to see what other people are posting about today...check out Thursday Thirteen!