Monday, June 16, 2008

Can't we be politically correct with our dogs?

I had to buy wormer for our dog, Daisy. I had never used this type of wormer so I had to read the directions. Everything was going fine until I read, "Give to lactating or nursing bitches 2-3 weeks after whelping." Okay. I know that's the proper term. I really do. But, as a former lactating bitch it's difficult not to take offense to such a term. I mean really. It's just rude...especially to the poor dog. Dogs are never bitchy. They are loving, faithful, and obedient. The other lactating bitches? What with bleeding nipples, swollen boobs, 24 hour feedings, waking every 2-3 hours, night sweats, hormones running amok, changing poopy diaper after poopy diaper, of course we are bitchy! Let's let dogs be dogs and leave them alone. No more name calling. Thank you.

Pin It!

8 comments:

One Crazy Chick! said...

Haha! I am still a lactating bitch...my dog, never bitchy!

Anonymous said...

hehehe, glad i am not the only one that turns into a lactating bitch!

Finding Normal said...

That is so true! And the night sweats. How I hated the night sweats!!!

Deanna said...

I love this post! My milk didn't come until 5 days after having Kelton. And then....OH.MY.GOSH! I didn't know they could do that! and yes, I would have admitted it then and I'll admit it now...when I lactate, I'm bitchy! :)

Mama Dawg said...

LOL!

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY agree. It just doesn't sound right even if its the proper term. Us mommies should step up and get that changed. What is the deal with that anyway....the mommies are "bitches" and the dads are "studs". How is that fair????

scargosun said...

I have never liked the term and don't care for the way breeders/show dog people throw it around. What is so freakin had with saying 'female?'

Sheri said...

I could never refer to my baby girl as a bee yatch.

However, my friend brought me a leash back from the beach, and I loved it! It says, "One of us is a bitch." People love it!