Monday, June 23, 2008

What a Day

We had a wonderful day yesterday! The kids were much better when I left them for a bit to workout today. Can you believe that?! My wine pants are now really workout pants. Who would have thought?

After the gym, we ran home to put in a Crock Pot meal. I made this rigatoni but with an extra jar of spaghetti sauce and a container of ricotta cheese. If you haven't made it yet, I highly recommend doing so with the changes I made today. It was SO good!

Then the kids made rigatoni necklackes for my sister for her birthday. I didn't take pics but they were way cute. 8 rigatoni covered in glitter glue then put on yellow ribbon. They were very proud of themselves.

Off we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house for some fun in the pool with Aunt Susie.


Then Boy and I headed to the theater for his FIRST EVER trip to see a movie! He was so excited! We went all out and got popcorn, soda, and candy. He sat very still and very quiet through Kung Fu Panda. Then he started to get a little sleepy and asked to go. So, we left with about 30 minutes to go. I guess we will have to get the DVD when it comes out to see how it ended! :)


This bag of popcorn did not seem so big as we ate the ENTIRE bag!

Once we got back to Grandma's, he got a hair cut. He looks like such a handsome big boy. By then it was already 4:00 p.m. and time to go. The kids had been up sonce 6:00 a.m. with little to no down time. Needless to say, they fell asleep about 10 minutes from home. Sure they look cute sleeping on the ride home. They were NOT so cute, however, after their 10 minute nap. Not cute at all.


Once we got past that overly-tired, fussy, disoriented crying (nothing a little Blue's Clues couldn't fix) attitudes improved. I went outside to see what Jackie the Cow was killing now. (Turns out it was a bird. Have I mentioned she is a bird dog? And a skunk dog? A groundhog dog? And today she got her first mouse?) Anyway, two nekkid little kids followed me outside. I have heard of shirts and skins, but this is taking it a bit far.
Luckily, Farm Guy and the Boy removed all of the carcasses from Jackie's weekend of terror so hopefully we won't have anymore of these visiting anytime soon.

Despite all the rain and flooding we have had over the past few weeks, the corn is coming out pretty well. Here is the Boy measuring the corn. Looks like we will have no problem making "knee high by the 4th of July."


All good things must come to an end. After a beautiful day, it was time to get the kids to bed and enjoy some rigatoni.

And then I spent another hour editing this post and trying to save and publish. Blogger had other plans for me however. Plans that included a lot of cursing and pounding of my fists. But I persevered and got it done. Better late than never, right?

Pin It!

14 comments:

Heather said...

I love that you guys go all out at the movies. We do too!! I've got to have my popcorn. I KNOW those 10 minute naps and I loathe them. They create problems. BIG problems. And where do I begin on the naked goodness??? It's so good, I don't have enough words.

Teri said...

For all the thousands and thousands of pictures I take, I can't believe I have never thought to take my camera to the movies. What a great idea! Your land looks beautiful even if killer cow adds a little extra "natural artwork" here and there. :-)

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I love that you took pictures for his first movie! And that you went all out...we usually get the ginormous popcorn and get a refill before the movie even starts. I am thinking that the girls and I need to go to the movies this week...

Rhea said...

you worked out, made dinner, made rigatoni necklackes, took a kid to the movie & posted on blogger? all in one day? You rock!

Rhea said...

oh, and went swimming & dealt with a killer beast. hehe

The Mom Jen said...

Taking cam to the movies today with baby K...$1 summer movies and Shrek 3.

Glad you had a DAY!

KimmyJ said...

Great blog - adorable booty photo too. I am so making that enchilada crock recipe from yesterday!

Mama Dawg said...

Wonderful post. I love the pics. Sounded (and looked) like a wonderful day.

We go all out at the movies, too!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome post. I LOVE all the pictures...especially shirts and skins. Blues Clues can cure a lot at our house too! I swear, when I'm at my wits end I pull out the old "Wanna watch Blue Clues?" He responds "Coos coos" and then I know we'll be okay. Whew!

The corn is looking really good. And I love seeing pics of your land too. It reminds me of being down at my Grandma's....great memories...killer dogs and all...

Tinabean said...

I love to take naked pictures of my kids when they're little. they are just so innocent looking & sweet.
Your Pic is so cute It can also double as black mail later in life.
(Oops! Now you know how my mind works)!

I made the rigatoni this morning & is cooking now, I'll let you know what I think.
I really think I'll love it!

John Deere Mom said...

Heather-The 10 minute naps are definitely worse then no naps at all. Glad you enjoyed the naked goodness.
Teri-I normally wouldn't have brought the camera, but I knew I wanted to get a couple pics of his first movie since he was SO excited.
Kat-And I can now say I have seen a movie in 2008...not 2002! Woo hoo!
Rhea-I did get a lot accopmlished yesterday. It was a good, busy day.
The mom-$1 movies? I am jealous. Our little outing was $25 by the time it was all said and done.
Kimmyj-Let me know how the enchiladas come out!
Mama Dawg-Luckily we don't get to the movies much. I don't know if I could afford these outings very often!
Z's mom-I am gld to hear you get to your wit's end too and pop in the Blue's Clues. Being at home this summer has resulted in many wits' ends and subsequent movies.
Tina-I have so much blackmail on these kids it's crazy. Their graduation or wedding photo slide show is going to be priceless. And they may never speak to me again...

Unknown said...

Love the pictures, very cute :-)

Taylor and I went to the movies, yesterday, as well. She loves the Indiana Jones DVD's that I have here, so we went and saw 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.'

That rigatoni sound really good!!

Danielle said...

That corn field is so gorgeous! Can I come live with you?

Blogger stinks for formatting and posting.

I've started writing in word, then cutting and pasting when I'm ready to publish. Of course, you have to add pictures and then any italics or bold, but it's still much easier...

Finding Normal said...

I'm glad you guys made it to the movies! The library is showing a free one in a few weeks, so we'll try that before going to the REAL movies. I'm not sure my wiggleworm can sit that long.
Went to the HUGE playground at the fancy-schmancy (or at least snotty) P________ school yesterday--so awesome! We so need to playdate there! We're swimming on Wednesday with Amy and Paula, but maybe Thursday? Or Mon/Tuesday AM--we have therapy in the PM. Let me know!