Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Chick-Chick-Chicken Pot Pie

My aunt's chicken pot pie recipe is the best one I have tried. And I love a good pot pie. So if you need a quick, sure to please meal idea...give this a try. Your family will thank you (although your hips may not.)


You need: 2 pie crusts, 2 cups of cooked chicken, 2 cups of thawed veggies, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1/3 cup milk, and 1 Tb. butter. See, I told you it was going to be good!

In a large bowl, thaw 2 cups of frozen veggies.

Add 2 cups of cooked chicken. Did you notice I used the pre-cooked rotisserie chicken? I gladly pay the $4.00 to get an already cooked chicken. Then my kids can munch on the chicken legs. Everyone is happy.


Add 1 can of cream of chicken soup.


Add 1/3 cup milk.



Next, add 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Oh yeah, baby. If you want to go crazy, add a little more.

Now you need 1/2 cup of sour cream. I used low fat sour cream because I am all about low cal food. Can't you tell? Now stir it all together. Add a little salt and pepper.


Place one pie crust in a 9 inch pie pan.


Pour the filling into the pie crust.


Dot the top of the filling with 1 Tb. butter. I'm not sure why this is necessary, but I've always done it and have never been sorry I did.


Place the second pie crust on top of the filling. If you know how to make the pretty pie edges, do that. I don't so I just kind of mush it down. Cut a few slits in the top crust.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand to firm up. Enjoy!

My aunt brought this dish to me after having Little Miss and it has become a family favorite around our house. If you make it, I would love to hear what you think! :)


Pin It!

13 comments:

Finding Normal said...

Okay, I love this recipe! You brought this over after Addi. It took us a few months to be all home to eat it, but it was SO GOOD! And I've made it since then. :)

Deanna said...

Oh yeah, I'll be trying this one! Screw the after affects on the thighs...they're hopeless now anyway. At least until little man starts sleeping enough that I actually can tolerate the thoughts of exercise.

KimmyJ said...

OMGoodies that looks awesome. I am making that and those little buggers that live with me are gonna eat it, because I said so!

Anonymous said...

This loos so good, I've never attempted chicken pot pie myself.

Nice site too!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Yum. My kiddos are so weird about veggies. I wonder if it would be good to put broccoli in it? I always wonder if anyone actually tries the recipes I post :-)

Sunshine said...

I love me some pot pies!

I'm so making this!

Anonymous said...

This looks awesome...I'll definitely have to try this one sometime soon. Especially since my microwave broke :(....boo....now I have to cook!

Rhea said...

That looks SO yummy...I've been buying the frozen kind. I know, I'm embarrassed.

Tiffany said...

I want these recipes!!!! Links please! sitsgirls@gmail.com

scargosun said...

WOW. I need to make this...but not now while it's hot. I'll do it in the winter. I just need to make sure to remember it. :)

Anonymous said...

oohhh,, that looks soo yummy. now if it only wasn't 1 million degrees outside. Ok, i am baking my own chix, but still too darn hot for now...

Anonymous said...

what is up with me and this whole hit the enter key and leave an anonymous comment issue!!!

Dawn said...

I am definitely trying this one.. Looks yummy!!!