Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

Here are thirteen things that have made me happy this week:

1. Little Miss is officially paci free! Woo hoo!

2. My computer, my beloved HP Slimline, is comin' home to momma today! Yes, according to FedEx, she should be arriving today before 4:00 p.m. Deb, I apologize in advance if I ignore you to hook my girl back up. AND, once I get her hooked up and working again, watch for a giveaway!!!

3. Going to visit our baby cousin and getting to hold that fat little baby (especially since this led to the paci being gone!)

4. Having a playdate with my friend and her son. I actually got to have some adult conversation while the kids played!

5. Having another playdate today with Deb, Noah, and Addison. They are coming here to play with all things green (that would be John Deere, not environment friendly toys...sorry) and to try out the new swingset!

6. Sitting here drinking coffee.

7. Getting a new stripey purse from Deb. I couldn't be more excited to "transfer" my purse stuff over to it today. Luckily it has so many colors I have a couple wallets to choose from to use! Hooray!

8. Having a kid free day yesterday. The kiddos went to daycare while I went to a workshop and had even more adult conversation!

9. Having some "me time" at the gym. I worked out yesterday kid-free for the first time. It was great! I expected to be sore today, but am okay! I did the elliptical machine, a stationary bike, and the equipment. I don't even know what the equipment is called. Ha!

10. The pina colada I had last night.

11. Little Miss had a much better paci-free night last night. She went to bed a little later than usual, woke up once around 11 fussing, and then slept all night until 6:30. That's a success in my book!

12. Tractor Boy getting to go with Farm Guy last night to haul bales. He found a few railroad spikes and couldn't be happier about his new lucky "pikes."

13. Getting an award from Jen at Cheaper than Therapy!

Those are just a few of the things that have made me happy this week. I hope you are having a happy week too. If you need something else to make you happy, check out this week's Thursday Thirteen!

Pin It!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Paci! And I'm glad you are finally getting your computer back!!! It IS a good week!

Kimberly said...

Yeah! Fun list! I'm excited to hear your computer is nearly home!

The Mom Jen said...

Glad to hear I made your week a bit brighter! You deserve it!

Finding Normal said...

I'm so proud of both of you for the paci! I can't wait to have you back full-steam and see OSD go away! I'm glad you've playdated so much lately.
As for my afternoon? Noah slept for 10 minutes on the way home and has declared himself napped. I've declared him whiney. I came home to 3 boxes--slipcover, valances, and TOTE!!! Quite possibly the world's hugest tote. Much bigger than I expected, despite reading the reviews that it was BIG! Oh well.

scargosun said...

That is an excellent week! I am going for 1 goal today, getting caught up on my blogs after thanking and adding all my new SITS friends. I might accomplish 2 if I don't have to work tonight.

One Crazy Chick! said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! For being Paci free!

Oh! and Yay for the computer and the playdates.

And congrats on the award!

All in all seems like a great day!

katylinvw said...

woo hoo! that list made me happy too! :)

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I'm so sorry about Fed ex holding your computer hostage. Maybe they'll be willing to negotiate tomorrow!

And congrats on the gym, the paci, and all that adult time. I'm getting payback in spades for all my alone time the past two weeks...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have had a GREAT week!!!! WOOHOO

Rhea said...

What a nice list! I'm so glad the paci transfer operation went down smoothly. :o)

Bubba said...

Great list...with the exception of the update post. Only took me a few minutes to get it.

Oh, and I stole the reading comprehension widget and put it on my blog. Hope you can tolerate someone that writes for an elementary school level blog! But hey...I DID say I was a redneck.

Happy TT!!!