Friday, June 20, 2008

Six Important Things

Sheri over at Life, Love, and other Drama, tagged me to share 6 important things about myself. I don't know that there ARE six important things...but I will at least share 6 semi-important maybe completely pointless facts. Ready?

1. I LOVE watching poker on TV. I only watch Texas Hold 'Em, but I will watch it any chance I get. I can catch reruns on the Travel Channel, new episodes on GSN, and sometimes catch tournaments on ESPN. I never play. I don't even know if I would be brave enough to try if I had the chance, but I love watching. Some of my favorite players: Doyle Brunson, Gus Hansen, Daniel Negreanu, and Barry Greenstein.

2. It's very important that I have coffee first thing in the morning. I am still not sure how I made it through two pregnancies without a drop of caffeine. I love my coffee and must.have.it.

3. I hate seafood. This is important because if we ever meet for lunch or dinner, you cannot order seafood...not even for yourself. Sorry, but rules are rules.

4. I love comedians. I listen to Bob and Tom every morning on my drive to school. I have as many comedians on my iPOD as I do music. My 2 favorite comedians at the moment are Mike Birbiglia and Jim Gaffigan. Here's a little sample:



5. Diet Pepsi. Not Diet Coke. Thank you.

6. I need some noise when I sleep. If it's too quiet, I can't sleep. I prefer the sound of something running like a ceiling fan, air conditioner, furnace, etc. But, I can't sleep with the TV on. Keep that in mind when you invite me for a sleepover.

There you have it. Six extremely important useless facts about yours truly. If you want to share 6 facts about yourself, I tag you!

Pin It!

10 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my stars, I'm with you on the coffee and I can't sleep without noise either!! I have to have a fan or noisemaker or something to cut the quiet.

Finding Normal said...

Love this! I so drank caffeine during my pregnancies. I like seafood, but won't order it in front of you. And love Birbigs! I also like the guy (can't remember his name) that does the history/comedy combo!

The Mom Jen said...

Love comedy, comedians as well!! Are you watching Last Comic Standing??

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Hmmm...love seafood, can't do coffee, Coke Zero...but I do need noise to sleep - and not the TV. What I cannot do is light. I have a piece of cardboard in my front window to block the streetlight because it seems to hit right between the blinds. I was tagged for this and did it earlier this week. I was all over the place with my randomness...

Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree with you on the noise at night....I MUST have a fan on or I can't sleep. I got my firt pug 18 years ago and because of his snoring, I have used a fan to sleep ever since!

Anonymous said...

OMG..I forgot to add....I HATE SEAFOOD TOO!!! We should totally go out to eat sometime. ;)

Lindsay said...

With you 100% on the sleep necessities. I've slept with a fan since I was 4, and the sound of silence when I sleep is excruciating! My husband doesn't like that I've passed that one on to our daughter.

And I also hate TV when I sleep. That's a point of contention almost every night with my husband and me. I usually win that war...

teachergirl said...

Diet Pepsi? Girl, you couldn't live here. It's like heresy, ordering a Diet Pepsi. And no seafood? That is some hmm,hmm, good. But I've got to have some coffee EVERY morning.

Rhea said...

I don't drink coffee, but love hot chair tea from Starbucks.

I need white noise at night also, like a fan or water or something.

I HATE seafood too. :o)

John Deere Mom said...

Heather-Yay for coffee and white noise!
Deb-Scott Dunn. :)
The mom-Not watching Last Comic Standing. Have never watched it. Not sure why. Maybe it was up against something really important like Dancing with the Stars? :)
Kat-You need a cute little sleep mask to keep that pesky light out.
Z's mom-Going out to eat would be super fun!
Lindsay-My husband too. He can sleep with the TV blaring and the overhead light on. Men.
Teach-Hope I didn't offend any of my southern readers with my Diet Pepsi.
Rhea-Gotta love the Starbucks! OOh, I might need to run there now. It's been a few days!